Work with SciEmbassy's science communication coach:
Improve your science communication skills: writing, editing, and presenting.
Transform your scientific ideas and results into compelling narratives.
Gain the confidence to network and ace interviews.
Anyone can excel in their scientific writing with the right support!
More than science communication
You are curious and eager to share your knowledge with the world. But there’s a challenge—breaking into science communication and writing can feel like stepping into a labyrinth.
- You’re itching to start but don’t know where to begin.
- Everyone demands a portfolio, but yours is blank.
- You’ve dreamed of launching a blog, but it’s uncharted territory.
- Self-marketing feels like deciphering a secret code.
- Your expertise is in research, not writing.
- Communication basics seem elusive.
- Content structure, storytelling, impact, and accuracy need finesse.
- Networking, interviews, and presentations? Confidence is a work in progress.
- Oh, and looming deadlines? They’re your new nemesis.
If this sounds like your reality, SciEmbassy’s science communication coach is for you!
Let's find your potentials
Imagine a journey, not through the seemingly longer route, but the one that leads you straight to success.
You might initially think honing your communication skills will take too much time—perhaps a few months. You may even consider opting for quick fixes, like having someone correct your content.
However, by addressing the core issue and mastering communication, you save time and reduce reliance on external assistance. It’s an investment that pays dividends in the end.
Let’s work together to reach your goals…
Meet your science communication coach
Santiago Gisler brings a solid scientific background from renowned cancer institutes in Europe:
- The Netherlands Cancer Institute (NKI-AvL), Amsterdam
- National Cancer Research Center (CNIO), Madrid
- Biomedical Center (BMC) at Lund University, Lund
With a Ph.D. in molecular genetics, including cancer research, epigenetics, gene editing, drug discovery, and stem cell research, your coach is well-equipped to guide you in becoming a better writer.
Coaching advantages at glance
With a passion for science communication since 2017 and a professional scientific writer and communicator since 2018, your coach has a wealth of experiences, including:
- Thesis and manuscript writing
- Seminar and conference presentations
- Science outreach and educational events
- Scientific marketing and communication projects
- Query responses and medical writing
- Reviewing and feedback
- Job interviews and networking
- Marketing strategies and communication plans
- Creating and presenting at scientific outreach events
- Supervising students in research
- Guiding marketing specialists and graphic designers
- Assisting R&D and data management with protocols and manuals
- Advising sales teams on grant writing
- Helping product managers and business developers with presentations
- Supporting HR and legal departments with company handbooks
- Creating and improving company style guides
- Conducting training in science communication
Your coach’s experience is your asset on this journey towards science communication and writing excellence.
Anurag Srivastava, PhD
I initially thought I would gain one more article for my portfolio, but I ended up finding a mentor for life.
His journey and guidance played a pivotal role in my transition from academia to the industry. I will forever be grateful to Santiago for his mentorship and support.
Margarida Martin, PhD
If you want to ensure your (Ph.D.) dissertation has an articulate storyline free of spelling and grammar mistakes, I strongly recommend Santiago’s proofreading services.
PhD student at NKI-AvL
Santiago has significantly improved my manuscript in terms of consistency and language. In addition, he is thorough, efficient and pleasant to work with. I feel confident now that my manuscript meets the quality standards of top-tier research journals